Recipe: Super simple homemade chewy muesli bars
A perfect lunchbox filler or an after-school snack, these super simple homemade chewy muesli bars are quick and easy to whip up on a weeknight.
- 3 cups old style oats (not quick oats)
- 1 400g can condensed milk
- Chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit or choc chips to your liking.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking tray
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Stir through condensed milk ensuring you coat everything well
- Add to baking tray, spread and press down firmly with the back of a spoon
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, but keep an eye on them. The lighter they are the chewier they will be. If you like a crunchy muesli bar, bake for a little longer.
These were gobbled up so quickly! Here I used chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, chopped dates, dried cranberries, sultanas, desiccated coconut and sunflower seeds. Experiment with whatever you have in the pantry. Try adding spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg. Enjoy!
What are your favourite lunchbox fillers? Leave us a comment below.