10 Brilliant Morning Hacks for Working Mums
If you’re in a constant state of panic in the mornings, here are some simple morning hacks for working mums – to get you organised and everyone out the door on time.
1. If you’re making kids lunches in the morning, stop! Try and pre-make lunches, then it’s just a matter of grab and go in the morning. Have a look at these amazing school lunch hacks for great tips on making school lunches easier.
2. Always, always pack bags the night before. Make this a nightly routine for the kids after dinner. Place all bags by the front door, ready to grab and go in the morning. This includes your bag too. Put a carabiner on your keys and hang them off your handbag so you’re not looking for them in the morning.
3. Lay out clothes the night before – everyone’s, including yours. This includes undies, shoes, socks, jewellery, bags, everything! Do whatever you can to just be able to grab and go in the morning.
4. Make everyone get dressed as the absolute last thing you all do before heading out the door. This should minimise those last minute changes because someone spilt breakfast on their shorts or got toothpaste all over their shirt. If this doesn’t work, get everyone to wear their bathrobes over their clothes and hang them up as you’re walking out the door.10 Brilliant Morning Hacks for Working Mums Click To Tweet
5. If you love to start the day with exercise, wear your exercise clothes to bed and place your shoes and water bottle by the front door, then just get up and go.
6. Something you need to do in the morning that you absolutely cannot forget? Send yourself an email or text from your partner’s phone last thing before bed – and don’t open it. Or place a post-it note at eye level on the front door.
7. Lay out breakfast the night before. Bowls, spoons, cereal, fruit, all on the kitchen table. Just add a few items from the fridge in the morning.
8. If it takes 30 minutes of chasing your toddler around the house before you can get them dressed for daycare, try putting them to bed in their daycare clothes, then it’s just a nappy change in the morning and off you go.
9. If you have hair that can handle it and it works for you, shower at night. One less task in the morning.
10. If you can’t live without your coffee, invest in a machine with a timer so your morning cuppa is ready the moment you wake up.
What hacks do you use to keep you sane in the mornings? Leave us a comment below.